This listing is for a PDF file with instructions and pattern pieces to make your own Overall Menta Booties. This is not an actual pair of booties.
Skill level : intermediate, tutorial includes step-by-step photo instructions.
6 sizes available from 4" to 6.5" finished sole length
Step-by-step sewing tutorial with clear photo instructions, perfect for beginners
High tops and instructions to lengthening
Wide opening to fit over shoes and pants
Elastic attached to the ankle and upper calf
2 adjustment options: with toggles or elastic only
Bonus appliqués page!
Imperial and metric measurements included
Adobe Acrobat Reader (Free software) is suggested for printing by layers, for optimal results please print from a laptop or computer.
If you would like to wear the booties as primary footwear, choose the closest size to the foot length of your child. When the purpose of the booties is to wear over soft-soled shoes or pants, choose 1/2” larger.
4” finished sole
4.5” finished sole
5” finished sole
5.5” finished sole
6” finished sole
6.5" finished sole
Final sole length will vary with materials, pattern is made to be done with medium to heavy weight fabrics.
You will need
• Main fabric
• Lining fabric
• Sole fabric
• Inner sole fabric
• Medium weight fusible interfacing (and an iron for application) - only on thin soles and grommet areas
• 1.5y (1.5m) bias tape or twill tape - 1” width for toggle option and 3/4” for elastic option.
• 8 sets of grommets 1/4” (6mm) or 5/16” (8mm) inner hole
• 2y (1.9m) of 2 or 3 mm elastic cord for Toggle option (See page 16 for lengths)
• 2y (1.9m) of 1/4” braided elastic for Elastic option (See page 17 for lengths)
• 4 toggles or cord locks (Find details on page 9)
• A walking foot is recommended, but not essential
• Size 90/14 or 100/16 universal or ball point needles depending on your materials (100/16 size is highly recommended to avoid skipped stitches or broken needle when constructing the sole)
• Basic sewing tools and notions including: scissors or rotary cutter, pins or clips, marking tools, thread, ruler and measuring tape, iron, pinking shears
• Adhesive spray is not required, but it certainly comes in handy, especially for the appliqués and sole attachment
This pattern was designed by Mariela Paz / Menta. It may not be sold, redistributed, or shared in any form.
For questions you can contact me firstname.lastname@example.org join our wonderful sewing group:
Check out my business page where you will find all of the 5 star reviews my customers have left over the past 5 years.