menta sewing patterns
Menta Arm Warmer
Menta Arm Warmer
Menta Arm Warmers
Sewing pattern and tutorial, includes projector file
Designed for 2-way stretch fabrics
All sizes, baby to adults, 5" to 10.5' hand circumference in 1/2" inch increments
This listing is for a PDF file with instructions and pattern pieces to make your arm warmers. This is not finished garment.
Skill level confident beginners
With this pattern and tutorial, you can create a huge variety of cozy arm warmers that can offer protection from the cold weather, rain or wind, when walking, driving, jogging etc. The arm warmer sewing pattern is available in 12 sizes, covering children through adults. I have provided instructions to make many different styles, but keep in mind you can always mix and match them and create your own unique accessories. You can embellish your arm warmers with appliqués from one of the included templates (9 pages of designs!). This pattern has everything you need to create unique arm warmers for the whole family!
Get creative! There are 9 full pages of cute appliqué templates as well as a huge variety of sample pictures taken during the testing phase to inspire you!
These are the options included in this tutorial:
- Designed for 2-way stretch fabrics, project can be complete with a sewing machine.
- 12 sizes baby to adults
- Exposed and hidden seams
- Fold-over cuffs for runners
- Different colour-blocked styles
- Lace details
- Welt Zipper
- Hidden Zipper
- Watch wrist opening
- +10 applique template pages
- Video support for some of the steps
Pattern Pieces and Tutorial requirements:
- Laptop, printer and A4 or letter paper sheets
- Projector files available
- For optimal results this pattern should be printed from a laptop with Adobe Acrobat Reader (Free Software)
- Pattern is designed in layer, so you can isolate and print only the size you need.
- Tutorial includes hyperlinks for easy access to instructions and website
- Knit main fabric
- Knit lining fabric
- Ribbing fabric (for cuff option)
- Light/medium weight fusible interfacing (for snap reinforcement, fabric appliqués and zipper option)
- 5” (12.7cm) or longer plastic zippers, they could be longer. I find it easier to install a zipper that is longer than needed and zipper foot.
- Faux leather for appliqués and parchment paper to help with sewing sticky materials
- 1 yd(90cm) Decorative trims (material chart on page 15) and patches
- A walking foot is recommended, but not essential
- Size 90/14 universal or ball point needles depending on your materials
- Basic sewing tools and notions including: scissors or rotary cutter, pins or clips, marking tools, thread, ruler and measuring tape, iron, pinking shears, seam ripper
- Adhesive spray and Wonder Tape is not required, but it certainly comes in handy, especially for the appliqués and zippers
- Tailor’s ham or seam roll for easy pressing is also helpful but not required
- Metal or plastic snaps if you have chosen the snap version of the arm warmers
You will receive upon payment an email with the instructions to download your files. Please read carefully the instructions before starting your project. You can always contact me to firstname.lastname@example.org :)
Join today our Facebook Sewing Group to be part of our enthusiastic team of makers and access many free add-ons and patterns! https://www.facebook.com/groups/744858515716950/