menta sewing patterns
Baby Menta Booties
Baby Menta Booties
Baby Menta Booties PDF Sewing Pattern and Tutorial
This listing is for a PDF file with instructions and pattern pieces to make your own booties. This is not an actual pair of booties.
Skill level : confident beginners
- 6 sizes available from NB to 24 months
- Step-by-step sewing tutorial with clear photo instructions, perfect for beginners
- Step-by-step quick instructions for experienced seamstresses
- High and Low top options
- Toe reinforcement option with instructions
- Lace trim option with instructions
- Wide soles to allow room for toes to spread out
- Elastic attached to the inner ankle piece
- Snap closure
- Bonus appliqués page! (Stars, moon, hearts and lightning bolts, for all styles and all sizes!)
- Small business resources: printable hang tags, brand labels ideas, pricing guidelines
Sizes (choose the size by sole length measurements):
- newborn size 3.5" finished sole
- 0-3 months 4” finished sole
- 3-6 months 4.5” finished sole
- 6-12 months 5” finished sole
- 12-18 months 5.5” finished sole
- 18-24 months 6” finished sole
Final sole length will vary with materials, pattern is made to be done with medium to heavy weight fabrics.
You will need
- Main: knit or woven medium to heavy weight.
- Lining: flannel, fleece or microfleece, sherpa, minky etc.
- Soles: toughtek or grip non slip soles, any material for the non walking babies.
- Appliqués and toe reinforcement: faux leather, vinyl.
- Embroidery floss for face details, a French Knot photo tutorial is included to help with this step!
- Lace if needed.
- Elastic, thread, 100/16 sewing machine needles for the sole construction, and all sort of sewing notions!
This pattern is the main pattern to make all other animal booties add-ons.
In order to make the animal booties, this main pattern is required.
Add-ons will not have the main pattern pieces included.
This pattern was designed by Mariela Paz / Menta. It may not be sold, redistributed, or shared, however, you may sell the booties made out of this in small handmade batches. I would love it if you mentioned Menta at some point in your product description! This encourages me to keep designing cute baby apparel!
Please e-mail me to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions, or join our sewing group:
Check out my business page where you will find all of the 5 star reviews my customers have left over the past 3 years.